4 Jan 2008 Resort Operator Sues Council

 

NST Friday, January 4, 2008

Resort Operator Sues Council

KUALA TERENGGANU: A resort operator here is suing the municipal council for RM4.5 million for tearing down part of its premises in August last year.

The suit against the city council was filed at the High Court here on Dec 30.

In its writ of summons, Redang Beach Resort claimed that the demolition of Phase Two of its resort was carried out in full view of its international guests who were rudely chased out with no time given to allow the guests to remove their belongings.

The resort’s general manager, Vincent Lieu, said this had tarnished its image. The writ also stated that the council acted contrary to the rules of natural justice when it did not allow the resort to present its case before the demolition.

Lieu also said the grounds for rejection of Phase Two of the resort was not given, and therefore, the resort could not amend its application, which he had submitted to the council on several occasions.

Lieu said the sum claimed included damages for construction-related losses, refunds for its customers, loss of profit and estimated losses up to 2009.

He is also seeking additional compensation for loss of reputation as well as aggravated and exemplary damages.

Kuala Terengganu Mayor Datuk Mat Razali Kassim could not be reached for comment.

 

4 Jan 2008 Resort Operator Sues Council
0
Connecting
Please wait...
Free Consultation

Fill in the form below to book a Free Consultation

* Your name
* Phone
* Email
* Message
Login now

Need more help? Save time by starting your support request online.

* Your name
* Phone
* Email
* Describe your issue
We're online!
Feedback

Help us help you better! Feel free to leave us any additional feedback.

How do you rate our support?